Spring Conference-May 10th, 2019 RIsk reduction
Annual MAADAC Spring Conference
Friday, May 10, 2019 8:00am-4:00pm
The Inn at St. John’s, 44045 Five Mile Road, Plymouth, MI 48170
6 CE Hours for attending this conference
8:00 – 9:00 am: Registration, Continental Breakfast & networking, Exhibit area open
Grandee Ballroom: 9:00-10:30
- Trauma informed care, Sue Bruggink, MA, LLP, CAADC, Cherry Health/Grand Rapids
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), Dr. Bulat, Dr. Schwendiman, Chris Nixon, Henry Ford Health System, SE Michigan
Track 1a in Gallalee: 1:00 – 1:45
- Vaping 101: Methods perceived as harm reduction, Cheryl Phillips, coordinator of the Saint Joseph Mercy Health Exploration Station in the Canton Health Center/Canton
- CBD Oils as risk reduction: With or Without THC? Health conditions that benefit from CBD oil(s). Rebecca Culley-Healy, Board Certified Naturopathic Doctor and Herbalist, Hawthorne & Violet/Fenton
- Multiple pathways of recovery. Tom McHale , MSW, & Tory Werth, CADC, BSW, Northern Michigan Substance Abuse Services/Gaylord
- Integrative medicine intersects with recovery methods, Ryan Gauthier, DAOM, RAc, LMT, Henry Ford Center for Integrative Medicine/Novi
- Eating disorders: It’s a Complex World. An approach to treating ED as a co-occurring disorder from a neurobiological and identity-based framework. Christina Fennell, MA, NCC, LPCC, Montecatini, Eating Disorder Treatment/Carlsbad CA
RESERVE A ROOM AT THE INN:
Guests can make reservations online at MAADAC_conference.
Reference group code MA051018A OR, by phone 734-414-0600 and mentioning your group name, MI Assn of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors.
Please note the cutoff date to make reservations in your block is Thursday April 25th.